Thursday, July 26, 2007

Brokenhearted in Portland

DEAR ABBY: Long story short, my husband of 11 years and I were having serious marital problems and on the verge of divorce. At the same time, my sister moved in with us -- at my invitation. Apparently, one thing led to another, and she and my husband say they have fallen in love. My husband and I decided to try and save our marriage. Then, two days later, he and my sister slept together! I kicked both of them out of my house. They think they did nothing wrong because, according to my husband, he has no intention of working anything out with me. I say he's an S.O.B., and my sister is a @#!%#. Am I wrong? Everyone in my family agrees with me, and I am being painted by my sister and my husband as "turning everyone against her." I say I'm justified. What makes it harder is I still love them both and have now lost my sister and my best friend, and I don't know what to do.

-- BROKENHEARTED IN PORTLAND, ORE.

Dear Brokenhearted:

Yes, your husband is a sorry SOB and your sister is a whore. But your first mistake was to move her in, in the midst of all the problems you and your husband were having. That does not excuse their behavior, however. It is just a lesson learned in hindsight at this point. Eventually, your sister and husband will pay for the horrible choice they made because to sleep together while you were still married to him is disgusting. But it is forgivable, and eventually, you will have to forgive them so that you can move on with your life. You're already headed in that direction by admitting you do still love them both. And hopefully, they recognize the wrong they did and will ask for your forgiveness. If not, don't you worry about it. Two azzholes like them deserve each other anyway. Your sister, especially, should seek your forgiveness and reconciliation. She's upset that you are turning the family against her when she should be sorry that she betrayed her sister, her best friend like this. Hopefully she'll come around, but the best thing for you to do now is forgive them and move on.

6 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger DurtyMo said...

Hold up, didn't I just see this on Dr. Phil? What is up with folks moving family in???? Again I agree with your assessment Mrs. Hmpf! Right on!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Business Owner said...

@ Brokenhearted: Dumbazz

Sorry Sister Boonie, but you ain't movin' in with me and Zach. You ain't gonna take my white chocolate from me! LMBO!!! You betta ask yo' MOMMA!

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ DM - Was it on Dr. Phil recently? That was a Dear Abby from back in May, so apparently, women ain't learnin and I ain't got time!

@ TW - *cracking up* Not your white chocolate, though. But for real, I can't have the sofa couch for a minute? GOOD GIRL! LOL

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

LMAO! Twin YOU MISSED YOUR CALLING

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ RD - LOL. Man, could you imagine me with my own advice column? I'd need a bodyguard... guaranteed to have enemies. People would hate me!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger JustMeWriting said...

OMG...I'm here by way of durtymo's page...and I can't believe this is a real letter...lol, but Yeah, I can. It's a real shame how some people need to be told EVERY-GOT-DARN-THING... wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home