Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Morning State

OK, so I didn't think my first post about married life would be this, but it is what it is. You know how the little things, if you don't confront them, can turn into big things...that ruin a relationship? Well, I know this is a little thing, but some mornings, it feels pretty darn big. Choco Bear and I have talked about this, but he won't change. So now I'm bringing it to you all to get your insight and opinion. Here goes...

In one month and seven days, we've gotten into a few routines. It's been cute and fun discovering what patterns and routines work for us. Right now, our mornings consist of this:

Alarm clock goes off at 5:30. CB gets up immediately, takes care of business in the bathroom; returns to the room, and watches Sports Center while dressing - he even turns it down real low so as not to disturb me. Aw! Most mornings, he fixes a small breakfast for us, my favorite being the turkey sausage and cheese sandwich on English muffin. By 6:30, he's finished, has eaten, has put my sandwich in the microwave for me, and is preparing to leave. Before he does, he comes in the room to give me my wake-up call: a kiss, a good morning, a have a nice day, an I'll talk to you later, all that good stuff.

Which is GREAT, but here's where it gets tricky. Some mornings, while leaning over me to do what I just named, CB wants to remain there and talk a little. But his face has been washed, his teeth brushed, his mouth rinsed out with mouthwash. I haven't done any of that, and so I'm laying there, pushing him off of me because I ain't comfortable with him all up in my face with my morning breath, spit-stained cheeks, crust around my mouth and all that. He's just as content as can be, and it drives me crazy. I switch to Psycho Woman mode and I'm like get off of me, move, leave! It's crazy...or maybe just I am.

Is anybody feeling me? Of course, I know that's on him that he wants to be all in my face in that state, but at the same time, I ain't gotta be comfortable with him being there, do I? Not that I'm like Whitley from A Different World, and want to get up before him, brush my teeth and all that, and look "beautiful" for my wake up call. (Heck, I got issues looking beautiful during the day. I gotta work on that too.) But I think my issue is I don't want him, in turn, to feel like I should want to be in his morning face either. Because I don't. And I ain't. Plus, the biggest annoynce of all is, he looks good in the morning! LOL He doesn't have spit on his face, crust around his mouth, and because my baby likes to sleep cuddled - he's gonna kill me that I said that - I'm smelling his breath and nose breath before he wakes up, and it doesn't stink, yall. Me, on the other hand...well, just take my word, it's not pretty!

Even during our morning or pre-morning romps, he's trying to kiss me and I'm moving my head away. What is it with him that he doesn't mind all that? One of us has some issues, and I think it's him! LOL

Baby, I'mma need you to just give me the kiss, make sure I'm up, and go on about your business. Because I don't want to talk to you in my morning state. Love you.

The Mrs.
*cracking up*

11 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gurl... you betta leave him alone and let him be up in your face. tell him cb love ya, but I got a thousand dragons going on and I need you to back up off me. Just be glad he wanna be in your face. Breathe real hard on him and he will get the pic. How sweet is this?? wish I had this issue.. one that isn't an issue..

GET OVA YOURSELF!

BF :-)

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger DurtyMo said...

You are by far the most simplest person I know *dyin laffin* not "my morning state"!! I feel you though cuz you're like ok I SMELL MY BREATH and I know you do too so why you in my face LOL but hey love will make you blind and obviously CB blind not only in da eyes and heart but he blind in the nose too! LOL! Love that man in the mornings and shut up k..GAWD!

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger SandyBaby said...

LOL NYM - you is Psycho! I was all prepared to read something major about something really annoying -got my pressure all up!

If you warned him and he refuses to listen, let him be. After all, he was warned! Clearly, he loves you for you.

*shaking my head at you and dyin laffin*

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm about to come around the corner and choke you out. Leave CB alone, he is in love. He is probably so happy to be waking up next to you everyday that your stank breath is a non-issue. I'm sorry, but you have nothing to complain about. End of discussion. This is what happens when people are in a happy marriage ! I want to be there.

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ errybody - First, I was half joking and half being serious. That's why I began like it was something serious. I know this isn't a real problem. I know my baby's in love and my stank breath is not a real issue. I'm in love too. I'm just saying I don't want to be talking in anybody's face when I know my breath stinks. I'm like let me get freshened up a little like you. Shoot!

I won't push him away anymore, though. Dane!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

TWIN!!! YOU ARE FUKIN TRIPPIN!!! You hear me. If that man wants to kiss your stankin azz first thing in the morning, be all up in your face, all chatting you up with slobber stained cheeks then got dayumit thats what you need to let him do. It's the little things that mean a lot and the fact that your Boo Bear doesn't even mind the crusty side of you is an example of how deep the love is between you. It isn't superfical and that makes it even more special...Got Dayum I'm Jealous..in a good way of course!!!

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ RD - *eyes down, head bowed* Yes, ma'am. That's what I love about our twinship. We can fuss each other out...with love. But in my mind, I'm rollin my eyes at you!

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm....ok....so.....ummmmm!

Stop being so fuckin' lazy and get yo' ass some breath strips. It hasn't even been 2 months. Imagine 40 years from now and he leans over and it's his sagging balls that smacking your thighs....then what!?

Love You!

ONE!

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

okay shawty....i understand what your saying but...us husbands don't really care about that...we know you got the "morning breath" that doesn't cloud our morning kiss...we need that to start our day off right....do you want him to not kiss...then you would wake up and be like..."Hol'up Homeboy...You can't kiss me in the morning or something"...lol...

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Ms.Honey said...

LOL...now this is hilarious. I pray that I have someone to complain about being in my face in the morning LOL...that's so cute that he doesn't care about the dragon breath. Me on the other hand when I wake up I know what you mean about someone talking to me and I haven't brushed my teeth..I feel nasty LOL..on top of that crust all in the eye and what not ewww..but anywho...awwww LOL

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

Dayum! yg.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home