Monday, June 11, 2007

Cuz I Got Knooooocked Up

Hey Folks,

Long time, no write. I hadn't planned to write again - just fell out of interest with it - but something has recently happened in ya girl's life. There's a little chocolate militant sports-loving CUTE AND FINE drama king or queen a-coming! LOL That's right...we're pregnant! So much for "we'll wait 3 years so we can enjoy each other alone first and get some more traveling out of the way." Out the window went "OK, let's wait 2 years because we're not getting any younger." And forget about "Let's definitely wait until 2008 because you're just starting a new job and don't want to be out on maternity leave no sooner than you start." All the planning in the world means nothing when God is at the helm...and when you're humpin like jack rabbits and not using condoms like a bunch of retards. I mean what did we think was gon happen? Seriously! We tried, yall. Honest, we did. But who stoppin to reach for all that when you already got started?!

But lest I sound annoyed, I'm elated. I'm scared. I'm anxious. I'm fearful. I'm confused. I have tons and tons of questions. And I'm wondering what in the world kind of mother will I be. I took the first test on Friday. Peed on that stick, waited til the little hourglass started spinning - which meant the test was working - and then before I finished washing my hands, PREGNANT was on the screen! All of my initial thoughts were so un-motherly to me that ya girl is seriously scared about what the future holds for me as a parent. I was at my parents' house, and only my daddy was home. And as I walked down the steps to show him the test, this was my prayer:

Lord, you know my fears. You know I don't want the back of my neck to get any blacker. I'm already unevenly complected. You know I don't want a fat nose with that ring around it. I don't want acne, Lord. My skin already has problems enough. Can you please keep my stretch marks to the back of me? Keep them to the bottom of my hips and butt so they're not visible if my shirt happens to ride up or something!


What the heck kind of prayer is that for a mother to be praying? But wait...that was Friday. Saturday, I took the other stick out and peed on that too. The result was the same. So now I'm out on the sofa talking to CB, throwing question after question to him, to God and to no one in particular: How does my stomach know when to stop stretching? I mean our skin ain't meant to stretch that wide. What if you see my poo poo open that wide and then aren't attracted to me anymore after that? What if you don't want to have sex with me after that? What if I get so fat and stretched marked up that I never want to get naked again? Are you going to find me attractive while I'm fatter and waddling, nose spreading? What if I rip and have to be sewn back together? What if I poop on the delivery table? What are you going to think? What if I can't poop after the delivery and you have to go up there and help pull it down like DM's mother? Are you going to do that? What does having a whole other being move around inside of you feel like? No seriously. What if the baby sucking on my nipples leaves them crazy-shaped? Do you realize that everything I eat, everything I drink, everything I read, everything I listen to has a direct affect on this baby developing inside of me? DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF PRESSURE THAT IS?! It's unreal, man. I don't know if I can do it. If I can't have anymore Pepsi's, I'll just die! Am I strong enough or maternal enough to sacrifice a Pepsi and salt on my food for the sake of my developing little CB? Cuz I dang sure ain't givin up meat.


My darling CB let me get it all out and then hugged me and said NYM, we're going to be fine. All those fears are normal, baby, and it's going to be OK. When we go to the doctor's next week, you can ask her all those questions. That was sweet and all, but I noticed he ain't say he was still going to find me attractive when I'm fatter and stretched marked up. LOL (joke..but he ain't say it)

Anyway, I'm asking all the people in my life, especially the mommas, to bear with me because I'm about to ask some real questions. I don't want to hear about how sweet the baby's first movement is, or how beautiful it is holding your child after giving birth, and how you don't remember the pain anymore. I want to know if anybody passed gas like a friggin hot air balloon because I stay fartin and gasey. I want to know about going to the bathroom on the delivery table and your baby getting shyt on him cuz you just shat on the table. I want to know about taking that first dump afterwards. I want to know what your coochie feels like after being opened and stretched to record-breaking widths. Like is there a breeze? Am I going to be walking funny? Am I going to have a permanent bigger vagina? Is CB going to still fit? WHEN DOES MORNING SICKNESS STOP?! YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO WALK AROUND ALL DAY NAUSEOUS AND QUEASY AND FEELING LIKE YOU WANNA VOMIT?! Somebody answer me! I'm going crazy! I'm trying to be happy, and I am, but I got fears and I got questions and I'M PREGNANT!

OMG, I'm pregnant! What the world done come to?! *fainted*

*revived* Oh, at some point, I'll be circulating a baby-sitting schedule for all the aunties - yall know who you are. One weekend a month, I think, is a nice start.

OK, *fainted* again.

18 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger DurtyMo said...

Ok let me just say I LOVE THE PIC OF YOU AND CB!!!

Now to all your lil questions.. I wish I could remember everything so I could tell you but that was 16 long azz years ago *thank gawd* so I don't have too much to offer except for what you eluded to in your post. That first shyt (or lack thereof *shew*) after the baby gets here is CRUCIAL and thats ALL I really remember. I had to be stitched up from the wooty to the tooty and I had to sit on pillows for a few days but I swear I can't remember the pain. *Shrug* And mind you Mrs. you were wonderfully and fitfully made for THIS SOLE PURPOSE. Keep your head up and stop being so scared of doing what you spose to do. U hear me? Ok I'm done!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Little Brown Girl said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW TWIN!! I am so happy for you. I have no advice cause I dont like kids to tough LOL Ok i'm kidding I love the ones I can take for a few days and then hand back over to they Moms...I cant wait to see my new niece/nephew...actually I prefer a boy cause we got to many women around us as is LOL!! Yeah a boy please...THANKS and if it is a girl feel free to take my name (no really I dont mind at all). Oh I have so much to do...shopping...shopping...yeah!

Ok notice how none of this is about you...yeah ya'll just keep having babies so I don't have to. WOW I really am excited...my hands are shaking as I type. Congrats to you and CB. I am so happy for you guys. You're going to be an AWESOM MOMMY!!!

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger SandyBaby said...

OMG!!!! I cannot even begin to tell you how happy I am for you and CB!!!! I know exactly how you feel. I had all these questions and more when Mini-Me showed up. Y'all are gonna be just fine. Baby CB + NYM is gonna be awesome! I just know it!

You got questions? I got answers! Ask away!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger babybear said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW NYM, YOU GO MOMMIES (mommy for real now)!!!! But that's some real ish you talkin about all the fears...like I know, right. HA! You'll get through it just like your mom and all the moms of this world.

As for the fit, you gotta get that jade egg dun son! Put your yoni to work. LOL!

*why was i really balling though*

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ Aunt DM - you had to sit on a pillow for a few days and had to be stitched from the wooty to the tooty. Great. Thanks. Awesome sharing. *rolling my eyes* But no, I want to hear this. I think.

@ Aunt RD - Thanks, twin. If it's a girl, I'm going to name her Beyonce! LMAO Sike, truss, we want a boy too, but that was on CB to put one in there. I ain't had nothin to do with it.

@ Sandy - Yean got to tell me twice. When you wanna go to dinner? LOL I can bring my list with me. Thanks!

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS !

OMG !!!! I can't stop laughing. I'm so excited for the both of you.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ Aunt Babybear - Aw! Thank you. *hug* And gimme the name of the book again cuz the effect this will have on the below part really does concern me. I mean REALLY!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ Aunt Moc - You think everything is funny, man! You stay laughin at me! LOL Thanks.

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Wye... said...

WOO HOO!!! Bianca can babysit.

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with DM,... the pic is fabulous!

I am soo happy for you! You will be fine. I will even watch the baby for you at least once so you can have a night out. I love the smell of babies.. OOO I am soo excited!

:-)
BF

 
At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWW!!! I am so happy for you two! I had all the same type of questions! LOL. But you will be just fine. I can't wait to see your cutie pie baby!! You can ask me anything.

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Tom_Gurl said...

Firstly, many congratulations!!! You're a funny lady! I don't have kids myself, but I've seen 4 births....I've witness my aunt experience very bad morning sickness, and my sister have pubis-dysfunction (dunno how to spell it) but for the most part, they seemed to enjoy their pregnancies. The scariest thing for me-is having the nose spread-why is that necessary?? My cousin's nose has never been the same again! lol! Nah, but seriously though, you'll be fine! Each pregnancy is different, and though it's natural to have worries etc, I don't doubt your CB will love ya the same after lil CB pops out! Again, Congrats!!

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Paula D. said...

Congratulations!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are one extremely funny lady.

All the things you have said about children remind me of my views.

Why cant they just come delivered by storks like in the movies!!!

Laureen , London, UK

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger proacTiff said...

I'm just in time! First off, you are beautiful and any "twin" of Royce's is a twin of mine (IMHO). I'm a September (17th) baby too! Second, I am a mother three times removed. I love coaching mommies to be considering I got so much flack from my two best girlfriends in the world (both from college days) who could not believe I had a baby first out of the group. I was able to answer their questions at a moments notice. I am officially putting you on my daily read, you know, just in case you have questions. From the sound of things around here, you are going to make a WONDERFUL mother, as you seem to be fulfilling your wifely role and duties quite "Jack Rabbit" ... I meant ... nicely. Plus all the horoscope jargon says that Virgos are quite the nurturers. And for the record, when you started that initial prayer to God, I fell out'a my chair. Funny helps you to not think about all the morphing your pre-pregnant body is going to endure. If you want I'll show my S-T-R-E-T-C-H-M-A-R-K-S. *done for added emphasis*

Being honest cause a sister has NO elasticity in her skin. I constantly tell the little Pro's to their face, "Look what you did to me." One time, the youngest was in the public RR stall with me and exclaimed rather loudly, "Oh, look at the kitty cat on mommies butt," to which I responded, "It is a fox. Or at least that is what is was several pregnancies ago. You know, before y'all greedy amniotic fluid drunks stretched it all out'a shape."

Got'a blame somebody. Daddy is always a good one to blame as well. He had to go for that second 'nut'. My best to you and CB. :D

Pro.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Ms. Lee said...

Two things to say, while carefully watching my grammar...LOL (Saw u at Roycee's house)

1. Congratulations!

2. Reading your prayer, I realize I am not alone in the world. Thanks so much for sharing. I'm still asking if they can't just knock me out and wake me when the baby gets here. LOL

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger 1969 said...

Wow...congratulations. This is a big moment. All of the panic mixed with elation is natural. And NONE OF US were born mothers. We struggled through it and made it to the other side. You can do this and heck, you will do it cause no one else can do it for you :)

You are going to be a fantastic mommy. Ask me any questions you need to. You and your hubby are gorgeous in the picture so I know your baby will be a cutie pie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home