Wednesday, August 01, 2007

A +

Hey Folks,

Yesterday, CB and I went to my second doctor's appointment since the little one was put inside. LOL And let me say that I enjoy my baby sitting in the waiting room with me, getting up when they call my name and walking back to the sonogram room and exam room like he belongs there at my side. It's touching...even though he sits and plays games on my cell phone half the time, his presence means a lot to me. In his own way, he shows excitement and interest and there are moments when I wouldn't make it without this. Like the other night, he was in the bedroom and I was in the living room, and he yells, what week are we in? I holler back 12 and ask why. He says I was just asking, and a few minutes later, he comes out and joins me. "You know that black line that's coming in on your stomach? It has a name." Puzzled look. "How do you know?" "I just read it in the book." Yall, I didn't know he was reading my book "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" too. I almost cried! LOL He continued, "It was saying something about pigmentation and now is the time you might start to see it, but yours been here for awhile," and then proceeded to play with the line! THAT'S when I cried! I love you, CB!

So anyway...back to yesterday's appointment...I'm undressed from the waist down waiting on the table. CB has his seat in the chair...face in the game on my cell phone. My doctor walks in and after short how are you doing's, she goes, "We have to do your chlamydia and gonorrhea tests again." My mouth drops and I can't talk. CB looks up FAST from the phone. And then she laughs, hugs me and is like, "I'm sorry, MrsNYM. I don't mean that it was positive or anything, just something about the sample, and they weren't able to run the tests." Finally, I can breathe again and I'm like, "Dang, Dr. Novak! You can't bust up in here talkin bout something like that with my husband in here! That wasn't how you introduce that." I'm laughing now, but still a little annoyed. And CB goes, "Yeah, cuz our next stop was gon be the divorce court!"

I get up in the stirrups, she does what she does, and then we listen for the baby's heartbeat. 165 bpm. Our little Gummy Bear is doing fine. Usually, it's still too early to hear the heartbeat from on top of the belly, but we heard my baby's. This, she said, means the chance of miscarriage is now pretty non-existent. Thank you, Lord. My cervix looks good. Thank you, Lord. Then I sit up and she gives me the results from all the bloodwork they took last visit: cholesterol, perfect; sugar, excellent; HIV, negative; blood pressure, wonderful; syphyllis, negative; no sickle cell trait; no rubella; blood type, A+. Thank you, Lord! My baby is in a bomb womb, yall! I know you can't tell by lookin at me, but my baby chillin in an environment that's doing him/her real good! And I'm grateful. And I'm glad CB was there to hear it himself because if I had told him, he wouldn't have believed me.

I even lost 4 more pounds, which really surprised me. I just knew I had gained. My appetite's been back for awhile, and I've been inhalin food, but no weight gain. Let me find out all these years I've been trying to lose weight, all I needed to do was get pregnant! I do find that I can't finish a whole meal now for some reason, and I do try to incorporate more fruit in what I eat, but for real, I still eat the bad stuff too. Doc said the weight loss is OK. It was no cause for concern. I don't want to gain any weight this early in the pregnancy, anyway, she said. That could cause complications later. Plus, any weight gain this early isn't because of the baby - it's too small at this point - it would just be the result of my overeating, and that's not good.

After we asked our other questions - about gas (LOL), sleep positions, birthing classes, etc. - she said, things look really good, NYM. Whatever you're doing, keep on doing. And she left us. I got dressed and as CB and I prepared to leave, I said, "You know we goin to Checker's when we leave here, right?" And my double-champ with cheese and medium sweet Tea with a lot of ice was DELICIOUS! Say what!

Mommy, daddy and baby are doing fine, and I'm glad about it!

21 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a blessing! I am glad all is well with momma, daddy and baby bear!

thank you for stating that you are not eating for 2 basically.

enjoy the pregnancy, you give me hope!

BF:-)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger babybear said...

AAAAAAWWWWWWWW *hand on chest and tears* That's all I got because I can't see through my glassy eyes.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger DurtyMo said...

Awww MRS. I am soooo happy for you guys!!! I can NOT wait to meet and greet that lil gummy bear! *sigh* Thank God everything is A+. God is worthy of the praise!!!!

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww...I can't wait for the gummy bear to arrive.

Well, you never have to worry about me getting on you about your eating habits again !

Four months down, five more to go.

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! So happy for you and your Hubby. Glad that all is well. I can't wait to see the baby!

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ BF - Yeah, cuz you know I was NOT a happy camper in the beginning. And for real, who eatin at all in the beginning? Please! LOL

@ babybear - LOL @ that hand on your chest I got nothin else either. I'm blessed!

@ DM - of all praise, chica! Thanks. The Lord dun changed all these Snickers and Doritos and cheesesticks into goodness. He is worthy, chile! *crackin up*

@ anon, aka tommie - Ha! I get a pat for that, don't I?! LOL

@ freck - Thank you, chica! Glad to be going through it with you, and I hope your sickness leaves you alone soon. Real soon!

 
At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you.

Girl I lost 15 pounds during the beginning of my pregnancy. I gained it back and then some during the rest of the pregnancy but I was still smaller than when I became pregnant. I didn't know that was possible. I guess all my weight gain was baby weight. lol

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger MrsNotYourMomma said...

@ thoughts - Before now, I couldn't lose weight if my life depended on it! And I'm prepared for the weight gain I know will still happen. Babybear has already been put on notice. I wanna look as good as Scary Spice after I drop this baby! LOL

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger proacTiff said...

*Waving* I'm A+ too. I'm happy to hear that the little crumb- snatcher will be comfy while sucking down all of your amniotic fluid. S/He done already started with you having dropped 4 lbs. You have been warned.

Blessings from another mother of 3,
Pro

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Shai said...

Good for you. I had morning sickness all day for 3 MONTHS. I lost over 11 lbs. In total, I gained aobut 28 lbs. The doc was worried I was not eating enough. LOL. I inhaled everything those last 2 months. LOL.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Ms.Honey said...

YAH congrats...a wonderful blessing glad things are well...

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jazzy said...

I originally posted this...

This was the most adorable post. You guys truly sound like you are just ecstatic! Is this your first?

I cracked the hell up at hubby breaking away from the cellphone game for a stare down when the doctor mentioned retaking those STD tests. LOL...I could just picture it!

Can't wait for the next installment in the baby chronicles.


Then realized this post is from a couple months ago...hope all is well!

 
At 7:09 AM, Blogger 1969 said...

What a blessing. Again, congratulations on your gummi bear.

Enjoy every minute of it....until month 9 :)

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You are in such an exciting time-it flies by-I can't beleive my baby is 3 and will be 4 in two months, cherish every moment.

 
At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cheap AlffMRgp [URL=http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/]gucci outlet online[/URL] to get new coupon fwHDfVsa [URL=http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/ ] http://www.cheapguccireplica.tumblr.com/ [/URL]

 
At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to buy jxnCvlWm [URL=http://www.aaareplicahandbags.weebly.com/]designer mirror[/URL] for more detail SuEUaPld [URL=http://www.aaareplicahandbags.weebly.com/ ] http://www.aaareplicahandbags.weebly.com/ [/URL]

 
At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

must check qMeJDhVj [URL=http://www.replica-gucci.webs.com/]gucci handbags outlet[/URL] with confident IfkTDAQt [URL=http://www.replica-gucci.webs.com/ ] http://www.replica-gucci.webs.com/ [/URL]

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.beatsbydreking.com]beats by dre sale[/url][/b] reinforcement for the phones goes up and down caused by printer. be more responsive to change. find complete music phone match up, however, many drinkers not really normal, possibly as the ear phones users list is very youthful, the user possibly will recognize that the getting also are predictably decay benefits by this reason. some members do not look out for designer headsets to get ear canal killer. nevertheless i am fearful that experts claim regular problems with have a look at so when consumers exceeding 40 yr old of age,


[b][url=http://www.beatsbydresea.com]Cheap Beats By Dr Dre[/url][/b] its co-founder hasn't been their particular man, I noticed that the girl friend has participated in an old-fashioned males outdoor activity. to look at solicit brides sellers after they bet physical games when these folks being raised, lots of feel this company performed a crew sport that include snowfall handbags or footballing. recognize several which are at vehicles speed and also triathlons.


http://www.beatsbydrepad.com Sewell,S piece Duck is constructed of remade art work portions which are put into your place hiring offerings and therefore fasteners, effectively paws. just of the sculpture was basically identified good varieties and even styles, utilize templates and consequently patina especially for this tiny bit. Goose consist of diamond earrings, hammer toe the particular cob slots, labels in quite a number posts as well as a bmw logo.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Louis Vuitton Sacsac Louis Vuitton Louis Vuitton slode Louis Vuitton

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=http://bbs.zmdmbl.com/read.php?tid=436106&displayMode=1]birkin bag price[/url] this course is barely offered to registered people in the course using the course (and simply agreed upon at their-great competitors), for the all types of berries associated with locating most likely openly to be had the. higher education can be having independent and moreover collaborative designs on behalf of something relevant to their own personal, Or special work out. when in these kinds, do consider armed with more than two ideas to build up such as an immersive thoughtful room.


[url=http://www.2ndhandsale.com/pg/profile/lr7685bags]birkin bag price[/url] though it is true advertising placards seem to be abundant ambient on roadways and also together with paths, there are also quite a few house environments specifically may possibly exposed exactly the same. big buildings in the area of the fact that condominium many different types of businesses as places of would often be puzzling mazes free of databases.


[url=http://www.socoolstyle.com/home.php?mod=space&uid=19610&do=blog&id=397828]cheap name brand purses[/url] good things about Buying conserving Reproductions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home